Searching for a new job? Here are some tips and tools for making the best use of social media to land your next gig:
1) Google your name to confirm that unflattering posts aren’t tied to your personal brand. While you’re there, set up a Google Alert for your name. It’s fast, easy, free – and worthwhile.
2) Follow job-related hashtags on Twitter: #hiring, #tweetmyjobs, #HR and #jobopening are just a few. Tweeting your way to a new job? Include the hashtag #hireme in your Tweet to obtain greater exposure.
3) Remove inappropriate photos, posts and tags from your Facebook page. Re-check your privacy settings too!
5) Connect on LinkedIn with employees of companies you’re targeting in your job search to get the inside scoop on job openings.
6) Update, fine-tune and proofread your LinkedIn profile. Recruiters and hiring managers scour LinkedIn profiles for prospective candidates. Ensure that your profile is in top form!
Good luck with your search!