There are a myriad of reasons why I use HootSuite. It’s one of those conveniences of life – like Post-It Notes, travel coffee cups and the smart phone – that save us time when time is money. HootSuite is a “social media dashboard,” enabling users to create, schedule and measure the efficacy and reach of their posts. If you find yourself cross-posting on different social media sites, consider engaging HootSuite. Here’s why:
1) Schedule your posts and Tweets in advance. This is one of my favorite features! I organize my posts when I have some down time or if I anticipate a crunch time on the horizon.
2) An account is free and easy to set up. An upgraded “Pro” account is also available; but I haven’t had a need for that yet.
3) HootSuite enables you to post on all of the major platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Foursquare, and WordPress – just to name a few.
4) A free mobile app is available for social media marketers on the go.
5) Rather than spend your day logging in and out of different social media platforms, log in once and be done for the day! You can set your account to automatically update and refresh every 2, 5, 10, 15 and 30 minutes.
6) Following Trending Topics on Twitter? You can conduct hashtag searches via HootSuite too!
7) What you post via HootSuite synchronizes immediately with your current account.
8) HootSuite deploys posts to all or individual platforms from one account.
9) Have a really long link to Tweet? Shrink and post it directly from HootSuite.
10) Working with a team to manage your platforms? You can establish teams and assign responses in HootSuite to different team members.
11) Run quick or in-depth analytics to measure Facebook likes, Retweets and Twitter mentions.
12) Print or export analytics to an easy-to-read and shareable PDF file.
13) Resources: HootSuite offers a variety of free white papers, videos, webinars and case studies to take your social media strategy to the next level.
Why wouldn’t you try HootSuite?
I have no affiliation with HootSuite other than the free account that I use to manage my social media streams. This is not a paid endorsement; rather it’s an honest view of a technology that has made my life – and can make yours – much easier.